The ESG Professionals Group would like to invite all members to join a special webinar that will be hosted by the Financial Times and National Sponsor, Workiva. Registration is free.
Is 2023 the year to ramp up investments in ESG?
13 December 2022 | 12pm EST/11am CST/10am MST/9am PST
Businesses are under increased pressure due to rising geopolitical risks, inflation, rising energy prices, supply chain problems, and the threat of a recession. It’s against this uncertain backdrop that new ESG reporting mandates are coming into force, providing a challenge for organizations which need to ensure cross-departmental collaboration and to consolidate disparate financial and non-financial data. As they head into 2023, more firms are evaluating how to meet regulatory, ratings agency, investor and public demand for audit-ready ESG data. They are also considering how to make their reporting more dynamic so they are well placed to track their progress towards ESG goals.
Business leaders are aware of the damage that accusations of greenwashing can do to their brand. They recognize that the ESG data they provide to their stakeholders must be trusted and must meet the requirements of various directives being implemented around the world. There’s also a growing consensus that ESG and finance teams need to work together if ESG reports are to face the same scrutiny as financial reports. Additionally, more business leaders believe that a failure to comply with new ESG requirements could pose significant risks to their entire operations.
This webinar – hosted by the Financial Times in partnership with Workiva – will explore the impact of ESG inaction on business reputation and investors and why 2023 is the time to act. It will examine how proactive ESG activities can provide positive business value by improving customer retention, cutting costs and reducing risk, and it will look at how investment in technology can support the collation of complex ESG data to meet new and emerging mandates.
Key talking points:
- Why should you prioritize ESG during a time of increased business and economic turmoil?
- How do you embed ESG reporting in the heart of your organization and create an environment in which ESG teams can work closely with risk management, internal audit, investor relations and technology officers to produce accurate, consistent and timely data?
- Should ESG and financial reporting cycles be aligned?
- What is the role of dynamic and ‘next gen’ reporting in tracking progress towards ESG goals? And how can firms set themselves up with the right processes and tech to view ESG data in real time?
- How can technology be used to advance ESG reporting and meet ESG goals – and how can you get the reporting infrastructure right?
- Why is it important to build confidence in the data being reported to stakeholders?
- How can you retain talent and invest capital while focusing on ESG?
12:00pm-12:40pm Panel discussion
12:40pm-12:50pm Audience Q&A
12:50pm Closing remarks and end of webinar