SOX Professionals Group

View Only
  • 1.  SOX Summit 2023

Posted 09-25-2023 12:58 PM

A huge thank you to Cynthia Cooper, former VP of Internal Audit at WorldCom, Sue King of KPMG, and James Kaplan of AuditNet for sharing their incredible experiences and insights at SOX Summit 2023.

Cynthia shared parts of the amazing story of how the Internal Audit team at WorldCom discovered the massive $3.8 billion financial fraud along with her insights into the ethical dilemmas  faced by members of the WorldCom Accounting team, and how internal audit and SOX professionals can help develop effective anti-fraud programs in their own organizations.

Jim moderated a great panel discussion with Sue and Cynthia with small group discussions where attendees were encouraged to consider the ethical dilemmas faced by a couple of WorldCom accountants, and what advise they would give to others facing similar challenges and pressures along with discussing the drivers of white-collar crimes and why people make unethical decisions when facing those dilemmas.

Thank you to all the attendees! Your questions and engagement really took the program over the top!

I trust that each of you enjoyed "The Summit" as much as I did, and I'm hopeful that you're all looking foward to the other great webinars and other SOX Pro activities coming up over the next couple of months.

------------------------------
    Grant Ostler
    Industry Principal
    Workiva

• 2.  RE: SOX Summit 2023

Posted 09-25-2023 12:59 PM

I didn't get an opportunity to speak with many attendees at the SOX Summit last week, but would really love to hear back from others their takeaways, impressions, etc.

Grant Ostler
    Industry Principal
    Workiva

• 3.  RE: SOX Summit 2023

Posted 09-26-2023 10:45 AM

I was unable to attend the conference in person, and unfortunately, the virtual presentation with Cynthia Cooper was interrupted due to technical difficulties. I was very interested to had what the speakers had to say.   It would be great to see this SOX Pro group become more active as we are a unique group of individual contributors to our organizations that all have great experiences to share. 

Amanda Nino
    VP/Internal Control Manager
    Coastal Community Bank