ESG Professionals Group

View Only
  • 1.  GreenBiz 2023?

Posted 02-09-2023 09:27 AM

Is anyone attending GreenBiz 2023 next week? I'm looking forward to reconnecting with all my old colleagues and friends in the ESG and sustainability space!

If anyone else from the Pro Group will be there, I would love to connect-please let me know!

------------------------------
    Mark Mellen
    ESG SME
    Workiva

• 2.  RE: GreenBiz 2023?

Posted 02-15-2023 03:34 PM
    Edited by Ashley Rei, Co-Chair 02-15-2023 03:34 PM

Hey Mark! Obviously late to the party this year, but wondering what benefits you think this conference would have for financial reporting professionals as I consider attending in the future? More specifically, is this more geared towards a Director of Sustainability or includes insights into SEC reporting regulations and developments? 

Ashley Rei, CPA
    Director, Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
    Deckers Outdoor Corporation

• 3.  RE: GreenBiz 2023?

Posted 02-17-2023 08:24 AM

Hey Ashley-good question and this year's GreenBiz conference definitely had a large focus on regulatory pressure from SEC, EU, etc. so I think it was valuable for those that sit at the intersection of ESG & Finance/Accounting. I definitely ran into a few of those people at the conference but it was mainly sustainability/ESG professionals. 

On a related note, I heard the American Accounting Association also had an ESG related conference this week (in addition to the IFRS/ISSB conference in Montreal)-either of those events might have been more appropriate for people that are still in Finance/Accounting and involved with ESG.

Hope that helps and happy Friday!

Mark Mellen
    ESG SME
    Workiva