ESG Professionals Group

View Only
  • 1.  Who is going to Amplify 2022?

Posted 09-08-2022 02:22 PM
    Happy Friday Jr, ESG Pro Members! I hope you are amping up for next week. I have a few reminders and updates:

We still have plenty of space for the Q3 ESG Pro Group Meeting! This meeting is part of Workiva's Amplify Conference and will be hosted on 9/14 at 2pm ET. We are offering in-person AND virtual registration. 1 CPE credit will be available. Course description is below:

The ESG regulatory pressure continues to mount in tandem with increasing shareholder scrutiny toward corporate-accountability business practices. As finance and sustainability teams implement or expand their ESG programs to deliver value for a broadened stakeholder group, the SEC climate disclosure proposal may extensively reorient these efforts. Gain insight into how you can apply SEC best practices to ESG, especially around oversight and controls.
    After this session, attendees will be able to:  
      • Define what they need to disclose regarding the oversight and governance of climate-related risks
      • Explain where to report GHG Scope 1 and Scope 2 in a 10-K
      • Model what ICFR risks will be further introduced with the additional footnote requirement and auditor attestation of climate-related information       
    This event is part of the Workiva Amplify Conference. Please register (virtual registration is free!) and add the session to your agenda. Issues registering? Please reach out to amplify@workiva.com.

If you are attending Amplify in-person...COME SAY HI TO US! The ESG, SEC, and SOX Pro Groups are sponsoring a booth in the expo hall! We would love to meet you in person and get to know you. We also will have an exclusive giveaway that we promise you'll be "attached" to. Can you guess what it is?

And lastly, I hope you saw my announcement regarding a benchmarking survey. We will be looking forward to your responses and have high hopes that this survey will become a strategic planning resource. You can expect at Amplify we'll have easily accessible QR codes to take the survey.

Thanks for listening to me and I look forward to seeing you at Amplify! Who is excited? What are you looking forward to seeing?

------------------------------
    Lauren Uyeno
    Director of Professional Groups
    Professional Groups National Team

• 2.  RE: Who is going to Amplify 2022?

Posted 09-15-2022 01:41 PM
    Hello Lauren,

I attended the Amplify meeting virtually, is there a playback that I can access? I would like to forward along to some of my team members to watch, as many of the insights were very helpful.

Best Regards,
    David Osovsky
    Financial Reporting Manager
    Reynolds Consumer Products

David Osovsky
    Financial Reporting Manager
    Reynolds Consumer Products
    IL

• 3.  RE: Who is going to Amplify 2022?

Posted 09-16-2022 12:46 PM
    Hi @David Osovsky! Thanks for your question. Yes, the recordings will be available for post playback for up to 30 days and will be shared if you are registered. Hope this helps. ​

Lauren Uyeno
    Director of Professional Groups
    Professional Groups National Team